Best VPN for iPhone
- Very fast VPN speeds
- Works with Netflix, BBC, Hulu & more
- Optimized servers for torrenting
- No logs & no IP or DNS Leaks
- Large server network across 90 countries
- Torrenting Servers are limited
- Doesn't work in China
- Limited refund policy
- Consistently among the fastest VPNs
- Access to VPNs across 50+ Countries
- 4.5 Star Rated Apps for Mac, PC, iOS, & Android
- Works Great for Torrenting & Streaming
- No-logs policy & leak protection
- Under US. Jurisdiction
- Short 7-Day Refund Policy
- Outdated Desktop VPN apps
- Will not work in China or with iPlayer
Finding Your Best VPN Providers for iOS
We know everyone is looking for the best iPhone or iPad VPN but the best isn’t always the same. Our list of the Best VPNs are the all Best VPNs based on different standards.
- Highest Rated by Users
- Most Recommended by Reddit
- Most Popular iOS App
- Best Rated iOS App
- Most Often Rated #1 by Other Reviews Sites
Finding the right VPN to use on your iPhone is crucial in safeguarding your data and privacy anywhere you go. The best VPN have the highest-rating on the App Store, all the top features, best price for value, and does all the important things.
A VPN is a virtual private network, encrypting your internet connect and keeping you anonymous online and able to change your virtual location. An iPhone VPN is simply a VPN with an iOS app. On your iPhone, a VPN can help you:
- Encrypt and keep your browsing history private from your ISP or Wireless Carrier
- Stay Anonymous Online
- Change your Location
- Access websites that are blocked
Here are some reasons why an iPhone user should use a VPN app:
- Better security and privacy: The iPhones are hailed for their secure features, but they are not exempted from security lapses. Through data encryption, a VPN gives your device increased protection against malware, leakage of private details, and other forms of cyber attacks.
- Unrestricted website access: With a VPN, you can surf the Internet freely and access sites that are blocked in your region. This feature is useful if you’re in censorship-heavy areas, like China or the Middle East, where many sites and online content is restricted. If you use a functioning VPN, you can now connect to Facebook or visit censored sites.
- Play online games: Mobile games for smartphones are steadily on the rise. Yet, some games can only be downloaded and played by players from select countries. For instance, if you’re from the US and you want to play the Asian version of your favorite game, you can bypass the restriction with a VPN.
- Streaming videos and other contents: Like some online games, some videos and streamed contents are only accessible in select regions. This fact is true with Netflix and Youtube. With a VPN, you can bypass this restriction to access contents that are not available in your country.
A VPN can make your iPhone an even more incredible tool for online entertainment. Be sure to read our reviews above to learn more.
Reddit Users in the r/apple and r/vpnreviews have most often recommended PIA (Private Internet Access) as the best VPN in general, as well as for the iPhone. Other VPNs have mix reviews from Redditors such as NordVPN.
It depends on the VPN that you use. That’s why you should make sure you only use a trusted VPN provider (see above).
Free VPNs for iPhone are popular but are full of CONS, including some that are plain unsafe. They’re are usually slow, don’t offer important features (unless you pay) and in some cases, riddled with malware and Ads. Worst of all, most Free VPNs log data that they later sell to advertisers or other third parties, which defeats the purpose of using VPN and essentially makes them Unsafe.
We do our research and verify VPNs are 100% Safe to use before recommending them, so use one of the top VPNs for iPhone listed above and you can’t go wrong.
There are many fantastic VPNs out there, but not all have a great iOS / iPhone App. The Best VPNs for iPhones are listed above — we list a few among the Best, as some have certain features or qualities that are better or worse depending on who you are and what you want to do.
In general though, the difference between the best Overall VPN and the Best VPN for iPhone is simply the addition of 1 criteria — it has an AWESOME iOS App — from 5-star reviews & ratings, easy-to-use, and having the full suite of VPN features (and not a watered down version of their desktop apps).
Once you’ve chosen to use a VPN and sign up for it — you’re typically redirect to a download page with installation instructions. Follow that.
If you missed it or just want to know what to expect — here’s how the process usually goes:
- Visit and Sign-Up for the VPN through the VPN’s official website. Make sure you click our links above to (1) Support our work, and (2) ensure you’re on the correct and official website.
- Once you’ve setup your VPN account, go to their Download page (sometimes called Apps or Software).
- Find and click the Apple App Store Download Link to be directed to their Official VPN App (avoid searching the App Store directly to avoid accidentally downloading the wrong or a fake app)
- Install the App on your iPhone
- Open the App, and Log-in with your user ID and password.
- Once you’re in — all VPNs are a little different but setup and using on a regular basis will be easy or super easy (automatic).
The above steps on setting up a VPN on your iPhone will get you started on using and enjoying a VPN today.
Yes, there are free VPN options in the App Store. You can use free ones if you’re hesitant to spend money, or just want to try a VPN first. However, be cautious about these free apps. As the saying goes, “If it’s free, it must be fishy.”
In some cases, you’re actually giving up your privacy — the “free VPN” treats you like the product, selling your harvested data to advertisers (their “real” customers). In other cases, you’ll end up with a Freemium VPN that only has basic features or certain limits that force you to pay later — for a VPN that isn’t all that great to begin with.
Premium VPNs (the ones that cost money) are much more likely to treat you like a customer instead of a product, be more reliable and have full suite of features you need for your iPhone, MacBook, and even your AppleTV. To snag a deal, some paid VPNs come with a free trial period (like a week or a month) before the provider charge you for the payment or a 7 to 30 day money-back guarantee if you’re not happy. So if you wanted to give a VPN a try before committing, we recommend using a Premium VPN that has either a Free Trial or solid Refund Policy.